JOHNEX MEGAPRIME BLADE
JOHNEX MEGAPRIME BLADE® is a high performance, easy to use alternative to traditional primers such as small diameter cartridge explosives. JOHNEX MEGAPRIME BLADE® consists of a section of 80g/m detonating cord contained within a moulded plastic housing. A detonator capwell is also incorporated into the moulded plastic housing.
Commonly used in underground development headings to initiate ANFO. JOHNEX MEGAPRIME BLADE® is compatible with No.8 strength detonators.
Features and Benefits
- Unique lock in capwell provides a totally safe protected environment for the detonator which can be reverse or forward primed in the borehole.
- The hypersonic VOD increases performance of ANFO at the butt where the energy is required.
- Unique explosives formulation provides almost four times the detonating pressure than cartridge emulsion.
- Directional firing allows focusing of the shockwave towards the butt of the borehole.
- The specialised custom shape saves time when charging.
- The compact diameter allows for loading of constricted boreholes.
- Unlike emulsion cartridges, deadpress is totally eliminated.
- The fully sealed plastic shell enables the primer to be 100% water resistant