JOHNEX ANFO is a free flowing mixture of porous prilled Ammonium Nitrate and Fuel Oil, formulated to be oxygen balanced for use in dry blastholes.
ANFO is suitable for most dry blasting applications in borehole temperatures up to 55 º C.
JOHNEX HIGH ENERGY ANFO (ANFO HE) is a free flowing silver/grey mixture of porous prilled Ammonium Nitrate and Fuel Oil formulated to be used where harder rock geologies occur and higher energy is required.
JOHNEX ANFO and JOHNEX ANFO HE are used in both open pit and underground blast applications.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- JOHNEX ANFO can be augured, poured, or loaded with a standard ANFO pressure loader and is ideal for dry stopes, drives and open pit operations.
- ANFO HE is state of the art technology specially formulated for blasting extremely hard rock.
- ANFO HE can replace costly cartridge products or bulk emulsions in dry hole applications including development faces.
- Cost reductions of 20% are achievable when compared to the normal drilling and charging costs that are incurred when obtaining higher explosive energy per m3.
- Loading time halved when compared with time consuming cartridge or emulsion loading.
- Fragmentation increased due to higher weight strength and higher gas volume with the high energy ANFO.