Water Resistant Cartridged Water Gel ExplosiveMEGAGEL® cartridged water gel explosives are a detonator sensitive, AN-based explosive specifically formulated for use in surface or underground rock blasting operations.
MEGAGEL® is ideal for blasting rock and initiating bulk ANFO in small to medium diameter blast holes (i.e. up to 102mm diameter holes). MEGAGEL® is compatible with detonating cords containing at least 10g/m PETN and all commercially manufactured detonators of strength No. 8 or greater. MEGAGEL® is specifically designed for the higher energy output required in difficult blasting conditions.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Post-blast fumes are reduced when using MEGAGEL®
- Superior cartridge film strength prevents cartridge splitting and snagging in hole.
- MEGAGEL® has exceptional water resistance, diminishing nitrate leaching into the ground and the subsequent environmental impact.
- MEGAGEL® is reliably initiated by No. 8 strength detonators.
- MEGAGEL® may be used at temperatures up to 55ºC (subject to statutory regulations).