Careers at JOHNEX
JOHNEX is a 100% Australian owned explosives manufacturer and distributor backed by staff who collectively offer more than 150 years of experience in product development, mining and blasting services. JOHNEX offers a full range of commercial explosives and accessories to suit all types of underground blasting, quarry, open pit and civil works. JOHNEX has become recognized as Australia’s leading innovator in high-tech explosives technology with improved safety and user friendly cost effective products.
We have the current opportunities available:
PRODUCT SUPPORT OFFICER – UNDERGROUND
JOHNEX has a dedicated team of Product Support Officers (PSOs) whose key responsibilities are to provide on-site explosives product and equipment support through working closely with our clients Australia-wide, problem solving and delivering training / mentoring programs.
Due to a rapidly expanding need for this kind of support to be delivered to our UNDERGROUND client-base in KALGOORLIE WA, JOHNEX seeks applications from LOCALLY-BASED, relevantly experienced candidates. As the successful PSO, you will demonstrate a flexibility in your approach to hours of work, site location and rosters, allowing continued growth and improvement to assist our customers in meeting their business objectives.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate accountability and perseverance when faced with obstacles. Being MECHANICALLY-MINDED will have its advantages when trouble-shooting explosives product and equipment issues. Strong oral communication with excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and complementing a high level of integrity and commitment to our business purpose is essential.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated experience in working in an UNDERGROUND mining environment
- MECHANICAL aptitude and demonstrated hands-on experience in operating, maintaining and troubleshooting various pieces of underground mining equipment
- Self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated organisational and effective time management skills
- Willingness to travel and flexibility in approach to hours of work to meet business deadlines and customer demands, within reason. Rosters may include but not limited to, 8/6 and up to 12 hour days
- Overnight and interstate travel may be required dependent on business needs
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and ongoing random testing
- Ability to pass pre-employment medical assessment of fitness for mine site and underground work
- A current national police clearance certificate (within 3 months)
A generous remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. If you would like to join our innovative team please forward your details via the SEEK.com “apply now” button here.
Shortlisting will commence immediately.