Careers at JOHNEX
JOHNEX is a 100% Australian owned explosives manufacturer and distributor backed by staff who collectively offer more than 150 years of experience in product development, mining and blasting services. JOHNEX offers a full range of commercial explosives and accessories to suit all types of underground blasting, quarry, open pit and civil works. JOHNEX has become recognized as Australia’s leading innovator in high-tech explosives technology with improved safety and user friendly cost effective products.
We have the current opportunities available:
Due to increasing activity across the mining industry, JOHNEX are looking to expand their team and seek a dynamic, self-motivated and customer-focussed Sales Manager to drive business growth and development throughout NSW, VIC/TAS and SA. As most activity and business opportunity is in NSW, you will ideally live in the regions of Parkes / Forbes / Orange or Dubbo NSW.
To be successful in this role, it is imperative to remain in constant contact with clients across the mining industry and continue to grow and enhance business relationships through your Professionalism, Innovativeness, Trustworthiness and your “Can-do” attitude. Having explosives industry experience is an advantage and will be highly regarded as you will be required to go underground.
As the Sales Manager for your region, you would be expected to meet sales budgets through an effective and extensive monthly face to face visitation program, which may include the delivery of product training, presenting business proposals or general troubleshooting for clients, on-site.
To fulfil this role, flexibility in approach to hours of work and travel throughout your region, is key. Keeping abreast of developments through;
- maintaining appropriate industry association subscriptions,
- attending relevant business seminars and functions, and
- general information gathering and learning from your trusted network,
you will be able to clearly demonstrate your Sales abilities.
Should you require specific information about this role, please feel free to contact our Head Office on (08) 6250 8200. Alternatively we look forward to receiving your resume and cover letter via the “apply now” button on Seek.com.au.
MAINTENANCE FITTER – KALGOORLIE WA
JOHNEX’s Kalgoorlie WA operation is currently seeking a dynamic, self-motivated person to complement its manufacturing team. Ideally, this role would suit an experienced fixed plant maintenance fitter with an aptitude for electrical fault finding and basic fabrication/welding experience. With these skills you will primarily be responsible for the maintenance of all plant and equipment on site and coordinating/overseeing the scheduling of our fleet vehicle servicing requirements.
Successful applicants must be able to:
- Demonstrate experience in maintenance support within an industrial setting;
- Conduct fault finding for breakdowns and perform mechanical repairs and servicing on various plant and machinery;
- Maintain stock of hydraulic, mechanical, electronic and pneumatic materials;
- Complete mechanical checklists and weekly inspections of plant and machinery;
- Carry out various types of welding repairs/fabrication as required.
- Work in a team and alone to achieve successful results;
- Perform planning tasks and other general duties as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- A recognised Australian Trade Certificate (Mechanical / Maintenance fitting Trades) is essential;
- Experience working in the construction or mining and resource industries is preferred;
- Proven experience following safety practices and contributing to a strong safety culture.
The following requirements are essential:
- 18yrs of age or over;
- Live in Kalgoorlie WA or immediate surrounding areas;
- Ability to obtain a current National Police Clearance;
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol screening (pre-employment and ongoing);
- Have own transport to and from site;
- High Risk Forklift licence or ability to gain one;
- Flexibility in approach to hours of work and potential interstate driving / travel;
A first aid ticket, HR Drivers licence or above, Dangerous Goods Security Card (DGSC) and any experience gained within the explosives industry will be highly regarded.
Short-listing will commence immediately and JOHNEX reserves the right to appoint to the role prior to this advertisement expiring.